Sunday, August 30, 2009

Drafty

The football draft was yesterday, and my first round pick was Tomlinson. He is listed as a BUST by most sources, but when he fell to me at #9 I didn't have much choice but to take him. It will be a feast or famine situation with my team this season. I've had luck with these type of choices in the past, so we'll just have to see how it goes.

Going to a family dinner when my little bro gets into town later today. Will finally have a reason to use my new camera. I'll try to get some pics on here (or Facebook) tomorrow if I have time, but it's back to work, and then another family dinner tomorrow night at my Dad's.

Usually I spend most of the day Sunday dreading work on Monday, but this time around I am armed with the knowledge that when this week is over I have four days off. Yippee!

I'm not really sure why I dread going to work. My job is not a bad one at all. I guess it's just my nature to buck the system, schedules, conformity, etc. All of that has to be kept at bay now, because I like money, and I have bills to pay! The new, more responsible me isn't as much fun, but it keeps me out of trouble, and I'm sure eventually I will find a balance of work AND fun.

No comments: