Sunday, August 16, 2009

Clueless

Until yesterday I had no idea that peg legged (or skinny jeans as they are now called) are back in style. When the girl child picked two pairs of "skinny" jeans to take to the dressing room I just thought it was a reasonable choice because she is small. However, when she came out to show me, I was shocked to see the bottom of the legs so tight you couldn't fit a quarter in there.

Where were these jean makers twenty years ago when I was in high school? We had to do a complicated "tuck and roll" process to get ours that tight. And then you usually wound up having to redo it several times a day just to keep it looking right.

Another random blast from the past that I found out is back is Converse. I was surprised when she said those were the shoes she wanted. Huh? No Nikes, Reebok, New Balance? Nope. Converse. I clearly remember the teal pair of Converse high tops I wore until they fell apart. Weird.

We have woods on the far end of the house, and Michelle had set up a nice sitting area for us complete with table & chairs and hanging lantern lights. We sat out there last night sipping mojitos and beer. Of course this is the South, so we had to burn enough citronella to fight off the entire mosquito population of any small Northern city just to keep from being eaten alive. We had Sid & Nancy out there with us, and let them play. It's good to get the "kids" some play time, lol.

No comments: