Monday, August 3, 2009

The Board

We had to make a trip by the board of education this afternoon to sign a paper needed to get the girl child registered. I thought it might be a hassle, but it was quick and painless. Now to just get to the school and complete step two, which will in no way be painless since it involves having to pony up lots of my hard earned dough.

The latest horror movie watch was, "30 Days of Night" which was about vampires. Vampires are not my favorite creature of horror movie fame, but this one was alright. It had been thought out enough to have the vampires pulverize a small town in Alaska after the daylight season was over and they had a month of dark. Interesting and conceivable concept. Well, assuming vampires existed, and I'm fairly certain they do not.

I actually cooked yesterday. I don't do it often anymore unless it's on the grill. I believe I am a little rusty. Made two things - pasta and cookie bars - undercooked them both. Luckily it wasn't to the point where they were inedible.

Kitty X decided to pull a Hoodini this morning when Michelle took her out to use the bathroom. We had to leave for work with her missing. I'm happy to report that the girl child found her back at the front door around 11am, and she is safely napping at my feet right now.

One thing I had not considered until last night is what we will do with them both when we go on our trip. I'm not sure how cats would act on an 8 hour car ride. I suspect Sid would cry the whole way...he is very vocal. We are going to give them a few rides when we run errands and see what happens.



Shop Coca-Cola Collectibles for the enthusiast!

No comments: