Sunday, February 28, 2010

Still Quitted

It's been a while since I mentioned how the not smoking was going, and didn't want any of you to think this meant I had caved, so I will mention it now...

I had to check my own blog archives to see when I quit smoking. It seems like forever ago, yet was just February 2nd. This coming Tuesday will be one month. I quit using the patches two weeks ago because they were irritating my skin, so I've just been plugging along on determination.

It gets easier with time. I can now drink a cup of coffee or a beer and not even think about smoking. I do, however, still get the craving right after I eat, but even that is less severe than it was. The urge to smoke while driving or talking on the phone is gone. The toughest day of the week is Saturday. Not sure exactly why. I still get those intense "punch in the gut" cravings, but there are fewer now. Still using, "I quitted!" on Mrs. Leslie to get attention. Works like a charm.

I really think it is safe to say I am out of the woods, and won't be going back.

NOVA: What Are Dreams?We got home too late to watch a movie last night, so opted for a documentary instead. I had to flip a coin (my favorite means of making decisions), as it was between "What Are Dreams?" and "Beer Wars." Dreams won.

Quite interesting research has been done on dreams. I found it particularly interesting since I dream so much, and have such vivid, off the wall dreams. It's worth a rent if you are interested in such things.



We have lots to take care of this week, and I really need to make a list. The next two weeks will be hectic, but this kind of change is good, and it's all worth it. Things are going so well for us now. If I'm dreaming don't wake me, or I'll punch you square in the neck! :)

No comments: