Tuesday, February 9, 2010

No Impact?

Apparently someone leaked the Netflix password to Michelle, so last night we watched a documentary called "No Impact Man."


The premise was for this man, his wife and daughter to live an entire year making the most minimal impact on the environment possible. Normally I would be all over this, as I admire (and envy) anyone who exerts the effort to do the right thing where the environment is concerned.

However, something about this guy just did not sit right. For starters, he is a writer. I'll give you three guesses what his next book is about. I do believe he did without most of the things listed in the documentary, (though going without toilet paper is far fetched) and I admire him for it. I can't imagine what it would be like to go without electricity for six months. But I watched the entire show feeling resentful of his ulterior motives.

The mainstream media was all over this man and his efforts. I'm certain the book will sell like hotcakes.

Successful author? Soon. Environmental hero? Of sorts. Publicity whore? Definitely.

No comments: