Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Joan of Who?

Look, I know I only have myself to blame for not re-claiming the Netflix queue from Mrs. Leslie sooner, but dang! She was even kind enough to give me a heads up about it. But really, I thought it would be alright. Sure, she would pick some things that aren't up my alley, but they will be at least watchable, right?




Let's compare a few of each of our choices shall we?

She wants to see:
The Passion of Joan of Arc (1928) 
"This stunning emotional drama recounts the events surrounding Joan of Arc's 1431 heresy trial, burning at the stake and subsequent martyrdom."


I want to see:
I Hope They Serve Beer in Hell (2009)
"Based on the best-selling book by Tucker Max, this comedy follows the gleefully boozy antics of the author whose outrageous behavior at a friend's bachelor party jeopardizes the impending nuptials. Now, Tucker must find a way to make amends to his pal and get himself reinvited to the wedding."
 

She wants to see:  

Hiroshima Mon Amour (1959) 
"A French actress working in Japan meets a Japanese architect with whom she has an affair. Their relationship consists largely of conversations about the bombing at Hiroshima, the horrors that he and his family endured and her perception of the cataclysm back home in occupied France."


I want to see:  

Daytime Drinking (2008) 
"After his girlfriend dumps him, Hyuk-jin spends a night getting drunk with friends, who convince him to go to the distant town of Jeongseon. But when he wakes up at the Jeongseon bus stop in the morning, none of his friends are there. Walking along the road in his underwear, he finds himself on an unexpected journey as he becomes involved in a series of misadventures."


I think you can all see the problem here.

I announced in the car earlier that since I pay for the Netflix subscription, that I get to choose all the movies we get. To punctuate it, I let her know what those Fiber Plus Bars I had earlier were all about. (Still laughing that she thought it was an animal...brought me to tears it was so funny!)

So, I laid down the law, and I guess you know what happens next...

"No, I won't push play on "Joan of Arc" until you are ready. Sure, I'll bring you some popcorn. Extra butter? No problem. I love you, Mrs. Leslie."

No comments: