Sunday, February 7, 2010

Picked Up Stix

Michelle and I had been talking about going to Stix (http://www.stixdining.com/). The reviews we read were really good. We decided to go for it yesterday as a celebration for my giving up smokes.



We ordered a basic sashimi tuna, shrimp, and salmon sushi plate, something called "Las Vegas" which was a salmon and cream cheese roll, and then the old standby, Chicken Lo Mein. I'm not going to say the food was bad, but it just was not impressive at all. We left feeling like we just paid $50 for what we could have gotten at our little local place for $20. Oh, and the waiter spilled almost half of my first beer and didn't bring me a replacement. That alone is reason to never go back!

In order to get our money's worth out of Netflix, we went to Best Buy yesterday and purchased S-video and sound cables. It took me almost an hour to get the settings right, but I managed. Now we can watch instant movies on the large screen tv, as opposed to much smaller computer monitors. Good times.

I'm on Day Six of not smoking. Yesterday was the first non-work day since quitting, and it was very difficult to deal with so much free time. I was fighting a bad mood all day. It felt similar to PMS, times three. Today I feel a good bit better.

Today is laundry/clean up the crib day. I'll do what I can, and then settle in and watch the Super Bowl. I'm pulling for the Saints simply because I like New Orleans (the city), and dislike Peyton Manning.

No comments: