Sunday, February 14, 2010

The Love Boat



In honor of Valentine's Day I have been singing a modified, slightly naughty version of the theme from Love Boat off and on throughout the day. Let me just tell you right now that Mrs. Leslie is thrilled! That scowl and those squinted eyes are looks of love, right? Maybe I will have to "fall down" later, or use my new pitiful voice in which I announce, "I quitted" (smoking). Right now that one gets a much better reaction than falling.

We have opted to stay in and save money (see new house info below). I made us pancakes for breakfast, she is making us a spinach quiche for dinner. No flowers or cards, but I'm sure we will hit Walgreen's for the after Valentine's candy clearance. Hope to find some Lindt on sale. Those things are truly magical. We took a nap, so we should be good to go for snuggle, watch movies, and "make a the sexy time" later, lol.



It is supposed to snow AGAIN here in Birmingham tonight. I'm not sure where global warming ran off too, but I'm ready for Spring. That said, I guess I can tough out anything that gives us even a remote chance at a snow day. History is depressing though, according to co-workers that have been around for 7-8 years, our place of employment has never been closed due to weather. Closed or not, we live on top of a hill, and should it ice we won't be going anywhere.

The exciting news of the week (waited until it was official to mention it) is that we are going to buy my father's house! It's so much nicer and larger than this one. We currently have two bedrooms, one bath, living room, etc. Now we will have three bedrooms, two full baths, living room, den, dining room, laundry room, large closed in back porch, nice yard, carport...I could keep going and going. 

Move in date is set for March 6th. We have lots to do before then. I want to get our current place sold as quickly as possible so we won't be paying for two places and only living in one. I'm optimistic that it will sell relatively fast.

Guess that's it. Happy Valentine's Day!

No comments: