Sunday, February 21, 2010

You Don't Know Jack(s)

I did get a few things done yesterday, or should I say, "half done" which is really unlike me. I generally finish what I start. So yes, I am a tad perplexed as to why I would clean the walls and edge of the shower, but then walk off and not finish the bottom inside of the tub. Lucky for me, when Mrs. Leslie went to take a bath she finished the job with no questions asked.

I also replaced the broken vacuum cleaner belt, and the proceeded to not vacuum even one room. Clothes in the washer? Never made it to the dryer. I'm blaming PMS. It throws me so out of whack. Today I will go back and finish the things I started. I swear it!

Mrs. Leslie and I spent the better part of the afternoon trying to decided what (if anything) to do last night. I wanted the track or bowling, she had no preference. Finally we decided to just grab a burger and stay in and watch movies. The reason I'm even telling this is because it reminds me of a funny story...

The place we went to get burgers is called, "Jacks." All of you that live in the South are very familiar with it. Mrs. Leslie, who is from Vermont, was not. One Sunday after church my family was trying to decide where to go eat. Someone needed to hurry, and we knew all the sit down places would be packed and take forever, so my Mother says, "Let's just go to Jack's."

Everyone agrees. We load up in our cars and head down the street. Mrs. Leslie looks at me, dead serious, and says, "Who's Jack?"

She had never heard of the place, and thought we were going to someone's house. It still makes me laugh, two years later.

For those of you that don't know Jack(s), here you go: Jack's Restaurant - History

No comments: