Monday, February 8, 2010

Sweet "Vivid" Dreams



Nicotine patches come with plenty of instructions and warnings. My favorite is a little piece about how I might want to take it off before going to sleep because it can cause "vivid dreams." I found this strange because I've been smoking like a chimney for five years, getting plenty of what the patches claim to contain, nicotine, and never had a problem. And really, did they seriously think I would consider giving up my crutch over some dreams?

I honestly thought it was hooey. As usual, I was wrong.

Today is day seven, and every night I've worn the patch to bed I've had crazy, "vivid" dreams. I have lots of wacko dreams even without the patches, but these are getting out there even for me.

Last nights involved living in my grandparents house. Might not be strange except for the fact that I haven't been in it for umpteen years. Michelle was there, topless. Some of my family members show up and walk in. I try to persuade her to put some clothes on, but she'll have no part of it. Finally, I physically direct her to the bedroom with instructions to put something on, "or else." Then I go outside and it is pitch black. I feel really scared, but am not sure of what. Then I begin to levitate and circle around the house over and over again, taking in every little detail. What else would I do in the middle of the night when I'm scared to death and Michelle is inside parading around topless in front of my family?

Not sure what any of this means, but after a week of consistent dream world craziness, I can't wait to see what I will now call "The Magic Patch" will cook up for me tonight!

No comments: