Sunday, January 3, 2010

Winter Sucks



I used to really like winter. Scratch that. I used to LOVE winter.

I was that crazy idiot you would see out on a 30 degree day wearing shorts, t-shirt, sandals, and think, "What a crazy idiot!" It didn't faze me though. I was always hot back then. Maybe it was because I was always sporting my "winter coat" (100 extra pounds of blubber). But then all that changed. I took off the "winter coat" and suddenly realized, "DAMN, I'M COLD."

Since then, I am chilled to the bone during the entire winter. Hands and feet so cold I can barely use them. Nose like an icicle. It's torture I tell you.

If you think living in the South gets you a free pass to not live through cold winters you are wrong. Even worse, every few years we get a bad one. This year is shaping up to be just that.

Imagine my dismay when I saw the 7 day forecast for this week:



What the??? Is that the dreaded "S" word for Friday? Are those lows really THAT LOW? Were our pipes really frozen when we woke up this morning? Nah, it's all a bad dream. Wake up, Leslie! WAKE UP!!!

No comments: