Monday, January 25, 2010

Monday, You Jerk


Did I hate Monday's this much when I didn't have weekends off? No, I don't believe I did. Don't get me wrong. I am thankful to have a regular work schedule, but Monday has become my enemy because of it.

Reasons to hate Monday:

1) My task list is much longer on Monday.

2) Co-workers are in a foul mood because they realize, like me, that they are locked in for five more days.

3) I sleep in on Saturday and Sunday, forcing me to stay up late Sunday night and not get enough sleep. Super tired all day Monday.

4) People who get on my nerves, who weren't in my face during the weekend, suddenly re-appear on Monday.

5) Monday costs me part of my Sunday by throwing me into a "Crap, tomorrow's Monday" depression.

6) People like to call in sick on Monday, leaving people like me who don't do it, to pick up their slack.


I could go on and on, but I hear Monday crying over there in the corner. Monday, maybe, just maybe I will like you again some day. But for now, I think you are a jerk.

No comments: