Monday, September 7, 2009

Labor (Not) Day

No labor for us today. Noooo sir. None for me tomorrow either, though poor Michelle has to go back. I was thinking about firing up the grill, but I'm feeling particularly lazy today, and going to the store sounds like work.

I'm scratching my head at how Oklahoma lost, and lost their QB, yet still remained at #3 in the polls??? I really don't get it.

Michelle has fixed up a sitting area on the side of the house and is forever asking me to go sit out there with her. To date I've only agreed once, choosing instead to stay inside with the A/C, and blood sucking mosquito bite free. I agreed to go last night though. We toted the cats, and booze, and headed out.

While out there I schooled Michelle on the legend that is Paul Bear Bryant. I'm happy to report that she lasted a really long time before her eyes started to glaze over and she started staring off into space.

She's making football love progress. I'm not saying she'll be in love this season, or next, or even the next. But I can promise you this, there will come a morning on some Saturday where she wakes up, looks at me, and we exclaim in unison, "Game Day!"

Until then, I wait...

No comments: