Thursday, September 17, 2009

Golden Avenger = No Show

I'm disappointed to report that the Golden Avenger rider has been a no show. That's ok though...I've got nothing but time. My only regret is that I no longer have a camera phone. But really, is The Avenger rider going to be all that impressive? It's not like catching a glimpse of The Great Pumpkin...or Santa Claus...or is it? Guess we'll have to wait and find out.

My fantasy team, Clover Valley Stoners, did win our first game. I have a tougher opponent this week. Crossing my fingers that my guys perform.

There are a lot of good college games this weekend, including Florida vs. Tennessee. Even if you don't pull for either of these teams, it will be interesting to watch because of the fired up battle between the coaches, Urban Myer and Lane Kiffin:



Kiffin has accused Myer of cheating:

"Just so you know, when a recruit's on another campus, you can't call a recruit on another campus," Kiffin said. "I love the fact that Urban had to cheat and still didn't get him."

Ouch.

Kiffin also dropped this little nugget:

"I'm really looking forward to embracing some of the great traditions at the University of Tennessee, for instance the Vol Walk, running through the T, singing Rocky Top all night long after we beat Florida next year, it will be a blast".

The previous quote is now pasted up in the Florida locker room. Ruh roh.


According to ESPN's Gene Wojciechowski:

"Kiffin has a flamethrower strapped to his back and is aiming the nozzle at the entire conference. The scorched-earth policy gets you cheap applause at a winter breakfast in Knoxville, but what happens when Tennessee travels to Florida in September, or to Alabama in October? You think Bama followers despised former UT coach Phillip Fulmer? Wait until Oct. 24 at Tuscaloosa."

I do believe Kiffin is about to pay dearly for spewing crapola at the #1 team in the nation. What I will be tuning in to see is just how bad it gets.

Go on now, Mr. Big Mouth, go get you some!




As if I needed more, Bama plays North Texas, Auburn plays West Virginia, and Arkansas plays Georgia. I'll be like a kid in a candy store!

No comments: