Saturday, September 12, 2009

Crush

It's fairly easy to find deals on menthol cigarettes, and I'm willing to smoke pretty much any brand so long as they are menthol. So when we stopped at Texaco and saw these on sale I was willing to take a chance:



The deal with these is that they can be EITHER menthol or regular, depending on whether or not you decide to crush whatever the little device hiding in the butt is.

I'm having a few issues with this. For starters, even when crushed, they don't seem minty enough to be considered menthol. Then there is the problem of forgetting to crush the damn thing before you light it.

But I'm not blogging to review them, but to pose this question: Why would anyone make this their smoke on a permanent basis? Real smokers fall into one of the two categories: menthol or regular. Never both.

I guess if you are generous with your expensive cancer sticks, AND find yourself surrounded by cigarette bums on a daily basis, AND want to be nice enough to provide either option to said bums, then yeah, I guess I can see it. Otherwise? No.

The other thing I want to talk about today is this:



I guess it's a thriller, and it was pretty decent overall, but I want to give a warning to anyone considering letting their young and/or impressionable children watch it...it has a horrible, graphic, long lasting rape scene in the unrated version. I'm sure it's probably in the theatrical version too, but most likely on a less vile scale. There, I've done my good dead for the day.

'Bama is on pay-per-view today, so I will be listening to the game on the radio while watching Auburn/Mississippi State on tv. I will also be drinking beer and eating Cheetos. Yes, life is good.

No comments: