Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Oh Baby, That's Hot!

My new love is like nothing else I've ever experienced. I burn for it, and in return it burns me up. Behold, mighty Sriracha:


Seriously, I've never been one for hot sauce. We have it in the fridge, but just because the boy child likes to eat it on everything but waffles and ice cream.

I had my first run in with Sriracha at a Vietnamese restaurant called Pho Que Huong. No, I can't pronounce it, but I told Michelle we should eat there anyway and she agreed. I spotted the Sriracha on the table, and it just plain looked hot. I'm not sure what came over me, but when the Tofu Fried Rice arrived, I decided it might be the perfect thing to jazz boring tofu up.

I had never understood what hot food lovers meant when they said, "It burns, but in a good way"...thanks to Sriracha, now I do. So far today I've had it on my spinach omelet at breakfast, and my flat bread spinach and garlic pizza at lunch. I'm certain my stomach is begging me not to go for the three-peat, but I make no promises!

No comments: