Saturday, April 10, 2010

Caution: Student Driver

I love, love, love a beautiful weekend that contains no specific plans or obligations. That's not to say we will do nothing, just that we have the option to do nothing if we so choose.

Mrs. Leslie had a decent birthday. She never did name a gift, so I went with just the Krispy Kremes, balloons, and a card, and did not get beat up for it. Actually, I got smiles, thank you's, and a multitude of smooches. I'm happy that she was happy.

Next up is the girl child, who will be sixteen on May 6th. I don't have to worry about running out for the driver's license because she just recently got her permit. We've had two driving lessons thus far. I'm happy to report that I only soiled myself during one of the two outings.

Honestly, she has done pretty well, but I can't help but be somewhat terrified putting her behind the wheel of our new $20,000 car. I guess that's what insurance is for though, and it's time for her to start the path to independence, so I will be brave!

Speaking of independence, the other big event on my radar screen is my son's graduation from Spain Park coming up May 26th. It's been a long twelve years. It's been a struggle for everyone involved, and I'm glad it's almost over. I know he is as well. I'm proud of him, and can't wait to see him get his diploma.

No comments: