Thursday, April 15, 2010

I Can See It Now

Back in January I started pondering when I would take my ten sick and vacation days. Unfortunately, the girl child had to be transported back and forth to school for finals in the beginning of January, and it cost me two of my days. Dang, down to eight. In February I felt bad enough to call in sick. Crap, down to seven. Enough!

Today I methodically studied the calendar for the remainder of the year and strategically placed myself with off days following holidays that we are already closed - giving me two 4-Day "weekends", and the entire week of Labor Day (which will give me NINE days off in a row).


I can see it now...and it looks something like this:




But in reality, without Michelle around, I'm afraid it will be spent at home looking more like this:



If I can arrange it, I might be able to use that time to finally go to New York City and see my little brother. I'm wanting to take a train, and nine days would allow me plenty of time.


If that scenario plays out, then this would be me:



Really, any of the three would be just fine, because all three put me somewhere other than at work, and that is exciting enough to wet myself!

No comments: