Thursday, March 18, 2010

I Screamed, I Cried, I Restored

In all my years of using computers (including the infamous Commodore 64, see left) I have never actually had one crash...until now. Bad news - it was my laptop. Good news - I haven't had it long, so when I wound up having to do a complete destructive recovery I didn't loose all that much.

The main reason I'm blogging this is to warn you of potential danger if you have Vista. My crash occurred while installing Vista Service Pack 3. Notice I said, "potential" because this could have had nothing to do with it whatsoever, but the computer did completely fritz while the updates were installing.

I waited for the first 5,000 mile maintenance on our new Toyota to get the recall work done. If you have a Toyota, and have put off having it done because you fear it will be a hassle, take heart - we were there two hours total. Twenty minutes of that was spent sorting out the fact that I pay big bucks for the maintenance plan when the cashier tried to charge me for services rendered. So, no biggie.


Bookmark and Share

No comments: