Monday, October 24, 2011

Wild Creatures and the Pimento Cheeseburger

I went to the Birmingham Zoo for the first time in a million years yesterday. I'm always on the fence about the zoo. I always feel that the animals would be happier in their natural environment, but also feel that if they are going to be kept in captivity anyway, people should support the zoo financially.

Aside from the ethics of the whole thing, we had a really good time. I was particularly impressed by the gorilla, who I swear seemed almost human. No, I'm not going to discuss the Theory of Evolution now. It's just that you can look into their eyes and see the wheels turning. It's really quite amazing.


After the zoo, we went to Jim 'n Nicks. I had been there several times, but had never ordered the Pimento Cheeseburger. Let me just say that if you are a pimento cheese fan, this burger will rock your socks off. Pimento cheese on a burger is a perfect combination. Why did I never think of this?

No comments: