Saturday, October 15, 2011

Carrie Makes No Sense

The girl child and I watched the Stephen King movie, "Carrie" last night. Being a fan of all things horror, I had seen it many years ago. Though I remembered the premise, and remembered the high school gym "kill 'em all" scene, I could not remember how it ended.

I semi-understand why the mother wanted to kill her, and fully understood the need for Carrie to kill her mother. What I did not understand at all was why the house basic imploded. Maybe I am just too naive to understand, but from what I gathered, Carrie was basically a good person. Sure, she killed all those teens, but didn't they have it coming? I just do not get it.

The "13 Nights of Halloween" is about to kick off on several channels. This fact is much to the dismay of Mrs. Leslie, who prefers to never watch the same movie twice. I, however, will watch some horror and Christmas movies over, and over, and over again. I've probably watched each of the "Halloween" movies 10-15 times. Before I meet my maker, that number will have greatly increased.

Though she does not like that I insist on watching these movies repeatedly, Mrs. Leslie is slightly less lippy about it now. After living together for almost four years, she has learned what she can or cannot change. I do try to even the score by allowing the occasional "House Hunters International" marathon. This is likely what makes us work. My set ways are accepted, so long as I am willing to bend just a little.

No comments: