Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Examining My Underwater Camera Choices

There are few things as interesting to me as the thought of being able to take underwater pictures. With our move to Florida coming up in a few months, I have been taking a closer look at my choices. It seems that there are actually two basic options.

The first option would be to purchase one of the underwater cameras that do not need a case. These are good up to certain depths, and this depth varies by specific model. Most of the choices are suitable for shallow waters, typically ten feet deep or less.

In order to take pictures in deeper waters, a waterproof camera case will be required. Obviously, these cases are also used for simply protecting a camera while at the beach, or in rainy conditions. The benefit of this option is that I may be able to use my existing camera to capture underwater shots.

I will likely opt for both the underwater camera and case. This will allow me to have the option to take shots under different types of conditions, depending on where we are, and what we wish to do at any given time. Covering all my bases always tend the be the best decision, and leaves me with no regrets!

No comments: