Friday, July 30, 2010

Fonzie Jumps the Shark


Anyone remember the Happy Days episode where Fonzie jumped a shark on water skis? Someone mentioned it on the radio this morning and boy did it bring back memories. I remember watching these episodes (it was a 3 part edition) as a kid, being all worried that The Fonz might fall and be chomped to bloody bits. I recall everyone watching nervously as Fonzie wobbled around in the water, showing us that skiing was not his forte, yet determined that his bravery WOULD NOT be challenged!

Did Fonzie succeed? Hell yes! And man was I relieved. So cool. Magical master of nookie that he was. We all wanted to be him. I was seven years old at the time.

Fast foward 30+ years. I watch this same video on YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=72nPf4UaemU) and I can't help but think it is ridiculous! Why in the hell does he keep his leather jacket on? Who does that? Seriously?

I know this much, I HOPE to one day see a man skiing down the Warrior River here in 'Bama wearing a leather jacket. At that point I will have seen it all!

No comments: