Thursday, July 29, 2010

Harp & Sapporo

This afternoon I'm leaping into my "Beers of the World" ten pack...

 My first choice, "Harp Lager" was from Ireland, and scared me because it proudly states in multiple places on the label that is "From the brewers of Guinness." Guinness, being the ONLY beer in the world that I detest and I've tried hundreds, maybe a thousand.

The brewers of Guinness might make it, but this beer doesn't taste like even a distant illegitimate cousin of Guinness. It's good, almost too good, very Americanized. Maybe just a tad nuttier than say, a Bud Light, but other than that it tastes familiar.

Next up, "Sapporo". This is Japan's oldest beer. It's dry, but after the first few swigs your palate adjusts and you are in it to win it...just like these guys-->

I'm feeling pretty good already, but imagine that after a few more "countries" I will be just as hap, hap, happy as these two.

No comments: