Monday, May 17, 2010

Bad Cat

I feel less sick today, but am extremely tired thanks to a bad dream and a bad cat. I would tell the details of the bad dream, but I can no longer remember the specifics this late in the day.

I do, however, remember the specifics of Sid the Cat screaming like a banshee at 3am. Why? He wanted out. Did I make it quick and painless, get up, let him out, and go right back to sleep? Hell no. I laid there wishing he would shut up. Then laid there wishing Mrs. Leslie would get up and let him out. Which she did, but by that time I was awake. Lesson learned.


Precious: Based on the Novel "Push" by SapphireWe finally got around to watching "Precious" last week. Talk about depressing. Even when she started to do better it still wasn't enough. Depressing. An ending that leaves us with nothing more concrete than the fact that she has two young children she can't afford, and has AIDS? Damn depressing.

I made a joke that the girl working the McDonald's drive-thru the other night looked like Precious. (She really did, actually) I laughed, the girl child in the back seat found me amusing, but Mrs. Leslie gave me the "You are immature AND mean" look. I tried to defend myself, but to no avail. Depressing!

No comments: