Monday, November 14, 2011

Is There Anything Worse Than A Bad Christmas Movie?

Maybe. A bad Halloween movie also sucks.

Anyway, the Hallmark Channel has started showing Christmas movies, and since I am a fan of what is now being referred to as "early Christmas" I have tuned in. I did not make it through "Lucky Christmas", which stars Elizabeth Berkley. If you ever watched "Saved By the Bell" then you know who she is. She played Jesse Spano.

She went on to star in the movie "Showgirls" which featured her getting busy with multiple people. Not that there is anything wrong with this, but I was pretty grossed out to see little Jesse doing it with everyone. Apparently I was not the only person that felt this way, as her career tanked right after that.

I guess Hallmark thought that enough time has passed, and decided to give her a chance at redemption. Brave move, bad movie. Will I continue to watch these hokey movies? Sure, if nothing better is on. But I don't think I will try to catch "Lucky Christmas" during one of its million re-airings. The Christmas spirit only goes so far.


"Yes, I have huge eyes. No, it's not the drugs!"

No comments: