Saturday, November 19, 2011

The Case for Early Christmas

Let's discuss this "early Christmas" thing. According to some of my Facebook friends, there is a very good case for early shopping and early decorating. The others argue that it takes away from the joy of Thanksgiving. I got on board with early Christmas a long time ago. Why? Because I feel that the entire Christmas season passes entirely too fast for my liking.

I really cannot even imagine how those people in the "old days" put up their tree on Christmas Eve and were content with that. Christmas Eve is supposed to be relaxing, and not work. Honestly, putting up a Christmas tree is work. Especially when kids are "helping." I bet those families were in bed by 8pm. Seriously.

What does it say about me if I have one, or in my case, two trees up when my family gathers around my Thanksgiving table? In my mind, it only says that I enjoy Christmas, and the lights only add to the festivities. It certainly causes no harm, and we still give thanks for all that we have. No one says, "Hey, can I open a present?" And if they did, I would say, "This meal is your present, fool!"

I will not even go into the need for early shopping. Unless you enjoy stress, early shopping is a must. I have almost everything ordered now, with almost a week to go until Thanksgiving. Yep, that's how I roll, and I like it. You early Christmas haters can hate. I will keep Christmas in my way, and you can keep it in yours.

Turkey and Tree...In perfect harmony!

No comments: