Tuesday, May 24, 2011

My Other Love

Yes, my other love. Thought I only had one? Well, this love spurs no jealously, because it is not living.

Enough with the riddles. I am talking about my obsession with the paranormal. This obsession started with I was ten years old, and has yet to let up. The show, Ghost Hunters is my guilty pleasure. It used to be my one and only, but now it has competition.

A&E now airs a show called My Ghost Story that rocks my socks. I cannot believe I am going to admit this, but at times, the stories actually scare me. This is not just a show where people sit and tell their story. They show the proof they have to back it up.

Last week, they showed a picture of a woman ghost caught in a mirror. I swear to you, she looked just like Jamie Lee Curtis from her first Halloween movie, except with some demon eyes. I tried to wake Mrs. Leslie up to comfort me, but was met with only a, "Well, turn the channel if it is scaring you!" I do not respond well to logic, and continued on.

I suppose I am not alone in my obsession, and new ghost shows are cropping up all the time. "Haunted Collector" is set to air the same night that the new season of Ghost Hunters does (Wednesday June 1 at 8/7c). Of course I will be watching to see if any possessed dolls jump off the dresser and attack their owners. Good fun!

No comments: