Sunday, May 22, 2011

Black Swan

Black SwanStepping away from the money chat today, to talk about Black Swan.

After hearing how good it was, I of course added it to my Netflix list. I'll admit I was a tad worried, since ballet is not at all one of my favorite interests. The top advocate of this choice was my brother, who is a dancer, so that did not provide me with the peace of mind that I was not about to waste an hour and forty-eight minutes of my life.

After watching it, I would recommend it to anyone. However, those that are able to better understand the meaning of events that are not literal, will enjoy this movie better than others. I, being a realist, must always see things in black and white, and feel the need to understand every element of why something just happened, and be able to piece together what it all means.

I have been a fan of Natalie Portman since she was in "Where the Heart Is" and even enjoyed her performance in "Paris, Je T'Aime" which I was bullied into watching by my better half. Portman does this role well, and is deserving of the accolades she received from it.

My vote? It is worth your time, but be sure to open your mind before you watch it, and do not be disappointed if you do not fully understand the full meaning of the sequence of events. 

No comments: