Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Dog Days of Summer

My better half will be returning from Florida next week. I cannot stress how happy I am about this, as I have spend the last week walking around in a stupor. I did pretty well for about an hour or so, and then it was all downhill from there.

While there, she volunteered at a pet shelter. This led to her becoming attached to a small chihuahua. This shelter allows you to take dogs home for a one week trial run. Of course this trial run resulted in an adoption, and we are now the proud owners of a tiny dog named Sebastian.

I have always been a cat person. I love how independent they are, and how they do not have the ability to bark. That said, we have been discussing getting a dog for a long time, and had agreed that at some point we would. I do wonder how our three feisty cats will adjust to having a dog around. With Sebastian weighing less than two of the cats, he might not fare well in a toe to toe battle.

I am more excited than apprehensive about having this new dog. I already have great outfits planned for him to wear, including a full line of Alabama football doggie jerseys and sweaters. I might even consider carrying a purse just so that I can tuck Sebastian in, and take him with me wherever I go.

Man, it is so on...


No comments: