Friday, August 12, 2011

Endless Summer

I recently spent a week in Panama City Beach, Florida. We stayed in a huge condo, and had the luxury of waking up to this view each morning...


Though I was on top of the sunscreen situation, over the course of five days I still managed to get burnt. When one has the complexion of Casper the Ghost, avoiding sunburn is nearly impossible. We spent the mornings in the ocean, the afternoons in the pool, and the nights eating out and doing the tourist thing. I did lose at putt-putt, but was a champ at the arcade.

I will freely admit that trying to get back into my work routine this week has been tough. I would much rather be back in the pool, playing goofy games and drinking Corona. I can take some comfort in the fact that Michelle and I will be moving to St. Augustine in the next month or two, and I will be able to hang out at the beach, and hopefully poolside, as much as time will allow.

I would be a liar if I said I was not dreading the process of moving. We plan to get rid of some of the larger items before we move, but there are some things we simply do not want to part with. Michelle is flying down Monday morning to start looking for a new home. There really is no way to decide what to take or get rid of until we know how much space we will have. That said, I'm sure we will be downsizing, as we will have to sacrifice space to be able to afford to live right on the ocean.

I suppose it will sort itself out. But until then, I will continue to pre-worry because that it what I am best at.

No comments: