Sunday, August 14, 2011

Can You Feel It?

In reality, you cannot feel it in Alabama until October, but you still know that football is just around the corner. The NFL has worked out their issues, and pre-season games are underway. My fantasy football draft is on the 27th, and as usual, I am busy trying to catch up with which players moved to new teams, and who might be an injury risk.

College football starts in about two weeks. In typical fashion, Alabama plays a no-name team in their first game. Usually this is not all that exciting, but with a new quarterback, and several other new starters, it should be worth the fortune that it costs to watch the game on pay-per-view.

As usual, since acquiring Nick Saban, Alabama will be ranked highly, and should be in the hunt for a National Championship. Lord knows I would love my team no matter what, but the fact that we are always in the mix for all the marbles certainly adds to my enjoyment.

Watching Auburn win the National Championship last year was a tough pill to swallow. With their savior, Cam Newton gone, they will experience quite a different fate this time around. Sure, it may sound shallow to an outsider to hear about my loathing of Auburn. It is what it is, and I could care less how it sounds. I'm pretty sure that hating Auburn is part of every Alabama fans genetic composition, therefore I feel no need to defend it.

No comments: