Monday, April 11, 2011

Extreme Couponing

I admit I was intrigued by the TLC show Extreme Couponing (http://tlc.howstuffworks.com/tv/extreme-couponing). I wondered if what they were doing could really work. I assume they weren't making it up, and therefore it could. What the show lacks though, is details. Yes, I get that you need lots of coupons to make it happen, and I get that it takes planning, but really - aren't there limits in place? You mean to tell me that you really had 100 coupons for Degree deodorant, and the store let you use all 100 at the same time? I missed the latest edition which aired last Wednesday. Maybe it gave more details?

While I will never reach the "super couponer" level, I did try using some for the first time in my life a few weeks ago. I didn't come out stockpiled for years to come, but did save about $15 on things we use anyway. That is $15 I can spend on fun stuff, instead of food. So yay for that.

Oh, and I did use internet printed coupons. Unlike the Sunday paper, you get to choose only the ones you want or need. You can get your own here: Access over $100 in printable grocery coupons.

And here: Find grocery savings at CoolSavings.com with grocery coupons, discount codes and money saving tips!.

No comments: