Sunday, August 22, 2010

Me First!

I met up with the fantasy football guys yesterday to draw for divisions and where we will pick in the draft. We draw cards to see in what order we will draw for our picks. Upon learning that I was going 12th (out of 12 people) I was not happy. Basically this meant that I had to just hang back, and whatever card was left on the table would be me.

Ten cards gone, and picks #8 and #1 were left on the table. I'm sitting there with a 50/50 shot at the #1 pick. Sweat beads were forming on my forehead as I studied the two remaining cards. One was plain, the other had a black fleck of something on it. I chose the plain one for the other guy (he wasn't in attendance) and that left black fleck for me. I let my brother do the honors. He slowly showed the card...#8, leaving you know who with the first pick!

Now to formulate my draft strategy, and prepare for my return to the fantasy elite!!!

No comments: