Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Five Reasons To Love Milo's

My love affair with Milo's has been going on for years. I'm certain that I am not the only one, but I am willing to share. Here are five reasons why Milo's and I will never part ways.

1. Special Sauce - Unlike some people, I prefer not to overdo it on the sauce. The amount that the food prep person puts on my burger is just right. Any more than that, and I'll have to go on a date with Mr. Restroom. I have never tried to recreate the sauce, and never will because I'm sure it's made from magic.

2. Extra Half Patty - No, you didn't score just this once. You get an extra half patty on every burger you order. As if they even needed to sweeten the pot!



3. Seasoning Salt Fries - When fries are cooked to perfection and then coated in magic dust, they become addicting. Though ketchup is not needed, for some reason these fries pair better than any other fry/ketchup combo I've ever experienced.

4. Simple Menu - The menu is so simple and straight forward that it completely eliminates the need to stand in line behind some moron that is trying to decide what to order. Even though chicken was added to the menu, it still reads like a one page children's book.


5. Fried Pies - Lemon is my personal favorite, but I would eat any of them, and pay good money to do it. Fried dough filled with fruit and topped with messy powdered sugar is the perfect way to end your meal.

The grilled bun should get honorable mention since it is not something that I have ever seen done elsewhere, and don't get me started on the sweet tea. Really no surprise, as Milo's is famous for taking ordinary foods and turning them into masterpieces!

No comments: