Thursday, December 23, 2010

Made It!

Despite not getting any new employees, I somehow managed to make it through and will now be rewarded with four glorious off days for Christmas. Having today, the day before Christmas Eve, has proven to be extremely beneficial as I was able to get everything cooked and baked this morning. Now I can just kick back and take it easy tomorrow until time to head out to my family get-together tomorrow night.

Both of my semi-adult children wanted new cell phones for Christmas, and that is what they got. I told them that would be all they get, but of course started feeling guilty and went and bought them several more things each. For Mrs. Leslie, I bought a giant new computer monitor. Not that the one she has now isn't good, but isn't bigger always better? I'd like to come up with some great surprise for our three year anniversary coming up January 2nd, but am drawing a blank. Despite knowing her inside and out, she is not, and never will be an easy person to buy for.

We bought Kit Kat a new pet bed for Christmas, which she is totally ignoring. She prefers to sleep on a re-usable grocery tote. She better be glad she's cute. Here she is inside her tote:



By some stroke of luck, my fantasy football team made it into the playoffs and managed to knock off the best team in the league last week. This week I play for the championship. Of course I want to win it all, but am content with the fact that my team can do no worse than 2nd place. Considering the caliber of players I have, and all the damn injuries my key people have sustained, I could have done a lot worse.

No comments: