Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Ghost of Christmas Past

Ok, no ghost, but Christmas is past. All in all it was a very nice one. Seemed like the entire season passed me by too quickly though. I am not, and never will be, one of those people who are happy to see it go, and yank all of their decorations down the next day.

People at work seem happy that it's over, and I wonder if it's just because they aren't doing it right. Possibly viewing it as too much work, too expensive, too time consuming, etc. While I admit that it can be those things, it does not have to be. I suppose it's all in how you go about it, or maybe it's just the glass half empty or half full scenario.

Here are my young adults opening their gifts:



It rarely snows here in the deep South, and it has never happened in my life on Christmas Day. By some freak force of nature, I can now say that I've experienced at least a semi-white Christmas. Certainly no blizzard, and it didn't stick around long, but it was something that I will always remember.


Fantasy football is over. I finished a respectable 2nd. Soon college football will be over. The only thing left on the calendar for a while is New Year's Eve, and the 3rd year anniversary of Mrs. Leslie and I this Sunday.

No comments: