Sunday, December 12, 2010

Belated Trip Pics

At the bottom of this post are just a few of the photos I took while we were in St. Augustine last month. Wish I could post them all, but that would take all day, and photos never really do a place justice anyway.

Yesterday Mrs. Leslie and I drove down to Montgomery to see my bother in a show at the Alabama Shakespeare Festival. He scored us box seats. I had never been in the box seats for a show before. It was freaking wonderful! As I looked down on the crowded mass of people below us, stretched out, got comfortable, and determined that I never want to sit with the masses ever again!

I have most of my Christmas shopping done. The kids wanted expensive cell phones, so they won't be getting much above that. I hate it, because I like for them to have lots to open on Christmas morning. But hey, you want a $250 phone, don't expect tons more on top of that. Both swear that they could care less. The desire they had for these phones was much like Ralphie and his Red Ryder.

Work has been nothing short of insane. We lost a few employees last week. Couldn't have come at a worse time. I am doing the work of three people until replacements are hired. However, there is no way for replacements to be hired and trained in time to help with this Christmas bombardment of work that descends on us each year. I'm trying to view it as a challenge, a marathon of sorts, that I need to complete. If I can just make it through this coming week with my sanity in tact, I come out a winner and am rewarded with several days off.





No comments: