Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Vacation, All I Ever Wanted?

This week is going by way to fast. Isn't that always the case with vacation though? You wait, and wait, and wait...it finally arrives and proceeds to fly past in a blur and then you find yourself right back at work.

I still have a few more days, and during that time more fun, family, and of course football. With the NFL season cranking up this Sunday, my fantasy football team will hit the field and see what's up. I'm not expecting great things from my team, but if they stay healthy I do expect to at least be solid.

ParisI haven't mentioned movies much lately, because I haven't had much time to watch many, but we did squeeze in a movie called "Paris" last week. Typical of foreign movies, I found it interesting, and then was disappointed when it had a non-ending, ending. You know the kind, things going on all over the place and the movie abruptly ends.

Why do foreign writers and directors do that? I guess in the U.S. we must have a stronger desire for closure...and for the end of our movies to leave us feeling that we know the entire story, beginning to end. I'll continue to watch foreign flicks because I do find them interesting, I enjoy polishing my reading skills via subtitles, and because Mrs. Leslie loves them.

No comments: