Sunday, September 5, 2010

One Down...Thirteen to Go


In what was really just a warm up game, the Tide rolls over San Jose State: 48-3. After having to cough up $34.95 to see it on pay-per-view, I was glad it was a good show. It was also nice to have some of my fears about all of the young players we have set at ease. We looked good.

Of course who wouldn't against San Jose, and next week will be the first true test: Penn State. I admit to having a soft spot for Joe Pa, but when it comes to playing against my beloved Crimson Tide I have to hope he loses this one. I'm sorry, Joe. I'll be your fan again the next week.

Being the one to host the game enabled me to stay home and drink more beer than I normally would. It has taken me most of the day to recover. The old gray mare...she ain't what she used to be, for real.

No comments: