Saturday, December 12, 2009

A Christmas Carol

Finally have a weekend with nothing much to do. Last week was crazy busy, filled with things both good and bad.

My youngest brother, Adam, was in town. We went to see the new "A Christmas Carol" movie.



It got mixed reviews:

LD: "It was pretty good. The 3-D snow was great."

Michelle: "It was REALLY good! I'd pay to see it again!"

Amy: "Eh, it was ok. The ghosts sucked."

Adam: "It was scary! If I was a kid watching that, I would have crapped my pants!"

I do believe the true meaning of the movie (any version of it) would be completely lost on a child. I mean, they haven't been alive long enough to have done a bunch of messed up stuff, or have regrets. Adults, however, are sitting there thinking, "Maybe I should quit acting like a jerk."

I guess a bright kid could possibly benefit by deriving the thought, "If I never act like a little turd I won't have to worry about this crap." That, of course, is a good thing and would make it worth taking kids to see it.

No comments: