Saturday, December 31, 2011

New Year's Resolutions

Do you make them? It seems that most people do. I think I will skip it this year, as I've never actually kept one. Don't get me wrong, I like the concept of setting goals. However, goals need not be set only once a year. This year I will just keep on trucking as if it is any other day, BUT will continue to try to meet the goals that are already in place.

What are these goals?

1. Make more money. Doesn't everyone have this goal? Even millionaires have this goal, so it is certainly nothing special or unique. I'd like to say I will work harder, but I already bust my hump. Maybe I will alter this goal so that it is more geared towards working smarter instead.

2. Be a better parent. Again, I think many people have this goal, and it is a tough one. Just when you think you are doing the right things, you find out you are not. It's a never ending learning process, and thus might be something that is never truly 100% accomplished.

3. Worry less. Some people are natural born worriers. I am extremely detail oriented, which lends to worrying about even the smallest thing. "Don't sweat the small stuff?" easier said than done. I suppose the key to accomplishing this would be being able to determine what is small stuff exactly.

Who knows what else I'll add during the year. Being healthier and maintaining good relationships will certainly be in the mix. Those things are always there. Should you choose to make resolutions of your own, best of luck to you. They must serve some purpose, or the tradition of doing so would not be so popular.

Bring on the New Year's Day weight loss plan commercials!

No comments: